The Tulum Playa Real Estate Team will assist you from your initial inquiry about real estate, throughout the entire sales or buying process, and for years to come. Most often our clients remain clients and friends forever. Unlike dealing with real estate companies who focus on short term gain for their immediate commissions, our Company focuses on you. While we love “The House Hunters International” television show, we do not just ask your budget and criteria, show you 3 properties that never entirely meet your needs and then ask you to choose one to buy.
The typical buying experience and process with our team is as follows:
- Initial conversation via telephone with Joanne to discuss your overall goals and interest in property, your lifestyle, budget and dream list. Joanne will try to understand the best type of property for you. For example, are you looking to relocate and searching for your dream home to live in permanently? Perhaps you are looking for a vacation or second home or condo that you can visit when you like and receive income from the rest of the time as through vacation rental. You may strictly be looking for an investment in an area of appreciation, hence you are looking to buy low and sell high sometime in the future. Joanne will get to know your needs either on the first meeting together or before you ever visit the Riviera Maya.
- If you have specific tax and financial investment questions, Mark, as a C.P.A. can spend time helping you understand the options and how things are done in Mexico.
- When you are ready to view property we will send you a detailed itinerary via email prior to your arrival or prior to scheduling property showings. The itinerary will include where to meet, a list of properties and approximate times, breaks for lunch if appropriate and contact information for Joanne, Mark or Max, the member who will be working with you on the day(s) planned for the viewings.
- On the day of the viewings, we will have a folder packet for you with details of each property, maps, and other pertinent information. Also, we will provide a list of area attractions, great restaurants, local supermarkets, shopping and other potential requirements when you are here.
- During the property search we will provide you with a preferred list of vendors who will assist you with any inspections, financing, insurance, etc.
- When you want to make an offer, we will handle all the negotiations, contracts, interface with the closing notary (the attorney who handles the closing).
- If your property requires purchase of some appliances, or you want additional amenities, furniture and so forth, we can assist you with recommendations on all of this. Additionally, we can help you with setting up cable TV, internet access, utilities and more.
- We will do a pre- closing walk-through to make sure everything is in order with the property prior to closing.
The entire process can be handled together with you or it can be done remotely if you are not able to attend. We will handle all the steps for you as we do for so many of our clients. You can trust our thoroughness, professionalism and that we are looking out for your best interests. Repeat business, continued client relationships and customer satisfaction are our main goals. Hopefully we will prove ourselves to you so that you will always work with us for your real estate investments and perhaps even become friends.